"Seeing" things a little differently
Pardon me while I ramble for moment…
I often write about inner peace, finding your happiness and simplifying your life. Today I need to take my own advice. I have so many rambling thoughts running through my head that I can’t seem to settle the dust, so to speak.
When your physical body gets overworked and you’ve exhausted all the meditations and positive thoughts you can muster…it is time to rest.
My life has taken on such a twist in the last couple of years and believe me…I’m not complaining. I love my life and I’m happier than I’ve ever been but I am unsettled.
* I have a stressful job where we deal with adults with developmental disabilities and I find myself always solving problems, arguments, breaking up fights, endless paperwork etc etc.
* I have my own place that is next door to my parents. This is very convenient so I can help them out as they age and may need my help from time to time.
* My boyfriend has a house that I just adore on the other side of town that is very peaceful and spacious. I love spending time there with him.
* I have two daughters and granddaughters that I help with as often as I can.
* My memoir has been shelved for the time being because I’m at a phase where I really don’t know what to do. It’s written but needs corrections and final editing…. I’m not an editor and I have no money to pay one.
* My passion is to paint and sell my art through the internet, festivals and shops. I’ve been working so hard preparing for the day when I can do this full-time but it doesn’t look like it will ever happen. Working late into the night is catching up with me.
* There are many more elements that are entwined through my life that would take the whole day to write but simply put, I’m tired. I feel unfinished, like I can’t get it all done.
What do I do if I’m not willing to let anything go to simplify.things? I literally have a suitcase and three bags in my car at all times. Going from one house to another. Can I split myself into five parts to get it all done? I find myself late for work, late for appointments and not living up to promises.
Do any of you ever feel this way? If so…do you have any advice for me at this point?
Much love everyone…
Sherry L. Cook